There are 7 rules to follow when receiving this award.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Include a link to their site.
3. Include the award image in your post.
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
6. When nominating, include a link to their site.
7. Let other bloggers know they've been nominated.
Here's the random facts ...
1. Tomorrow is my ninth anniversary! Josh and I met at church while in college (we were both students at Liberty University, but never met at school!).
2. I've only lived in Virginia. I love this part of the country!
3. I've only wanted to be a teacher. I am fourth generation teacher in my family - my great-grandmother taught in a one-room schoolhouse in northeastern Ohio beginning in 1919. My granddad was an elementary teacher and principal and my mom is nearing the end of her teaching career - she's a high school Spanish teacher.
4. I love to visit museums, especially ones about history. My mom and I took a trip to Philadelphia a few weeks ago to sight-see. This is a tribute to my granddad, who was the forever teacher.
|"with" George Washington at the Constitution Center in Philadelphia|
5. Montvale is the only school where I've taught. I got my job there because of being a long-term substitute just after finishing my student teaching. Although it's a 70-mile round trip drive each day, we're like a family and I love it there!
6. I love to read! Since moving to first grade (I was in fourth for eight years and had a TON of reading to do to keep up with my lesson preps and what the kids were reading), I have a little more time to read for me. I carry my nook about everywhere I go! Just added books to it for the rest of the summer!
|reading with one of my nephews|
7. My family is originally from Cleveland and my husband's family from the Pittsburgh area. It's very interesting in our house during football season!
I am passing on The Versatile Blogger and Liebster Blog Award to the following:
|the 2 Crazy Texas Teachers|
|Heather at Kickin' It in Kinder|
|Lisa at Learning is Something to Treasure|
|Mrs. Lirette's Learning Detectives|
|Haley at Following Optimism|
The rules for the Liebster Award are:
1. Copy and paste the award in your blog.
2. Thank the giver and link back to them.
3. Nominate five other bloggers and let them know by commenting on their blogs.
I also received this award from ...
|Andrea at Reading Toward the Stars!|
I know that I broke the rules, but so many of you have already received these awards!
Until next time - I have some more ideas for summer school or when you return in August that I'll share later in the week!