I am linking up with Doodle Bugs for my Five for Friday!
1. The 1st grade field trip was this week. We went to the Roanoke Performing Arts Theatre for "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" and other stories performed by TheatreWorks USA. The kids were great AND had a blast! It was supposed to rain, but as we were leaving the theatre for the park for our picnic, the sky cleared and we had a wonderful 2 1/2 hours playing!
2. A couple of weeks ago I started a money reward system in my classroom. The children can earn play money during the day (following directions the first time, being kind and compassionate towards a classmate, being respectful to adults, etc.), but can also lose money. We shop on Fridays!
|some of the goodies they can "purchase"|
|making a purchase|
3. Today was tie-dye day. My friend, Andrea (from Reading Toward the Stars!), and I have matching shirts from a trip to King's Dominion several years ago. Tie-dye day is the ONLY time I wear it!
4. Today was our pinterest party! We get together about once a month for food and a craft of some kind. We have made Easter wreaths and Christmas candy. Today's craft was cards. My favorite is the top left - all dots with a little ribbon. I haven't made cards in several years and after this afternoon's fun, I am going to jump back in!
5. I LOVE praise music! I have skips in my Chris Tomlin CD because I listen to it all the time! This is one of my favorite's.
Have a blessed weekend!